Zion Christian Church is a diverse gathering of believers who meet each week to celebrate the reality of the Lord Jesus Christ and return thanks to Him for all He is doing in our lives.
- We are Evangelical, staking all on the message of God’s redeeming love in Christ’s death at Calvary – the sole and bountiful provision of salvation and forgiveness freely extended to a lost and dying world.
- We are Biblical, recognizing the authority of the Holy Scriptures and working to apply its teachings in our daily lives, our homes, our work, and our relationships.
- We are a Charismatic or Pentecostal Church, knowing that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit was extended on the Day of Pentecost for the duration of the Church Age, and that the power of this experience remains God’s purpose in this and every dispensation. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in the glorification of Jesus, in charismatic gifts, in the “Five fold Ministry” offices, and in His fruit produced in the lives of believers.
- We are a body of believers seeking to excel in caring and serving. We will be glad to have you visit us! We trust you will feel at home, and will be encouraged in the Presence of the Lord.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God Who is infinitely perfect. He is eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ: in His Pre-existence, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His death and atonement for sins through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father’s right hand, in His present Priestly ministry, and in His return to earth at the time appointed by the Father.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God; the only infallible guide to life, faith, doctrine, and conduct.
- We believe that for fallen men to be saved that repentance, faith in the atoning blood of Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are all essential.
- We believe that sanctification and holiness of heart remain God’s enduring design for the church.
- We believe the Baptism of the Holy Sprit was given on the Day of Pentecost for the duration of the Church Age, and that the power of this experience remains God’s purpose in this dispensation. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in the glorification of Jesus, in charismatic gifts, in the “Five fold Ministry” offices, and in His fruit produced in the lives of believers.
- We believe in Christ’s personal, bodily return to earth in power and great Glory, and in His present and everlasting dominion.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and bliss in heaven, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment in hell.
Hebrews 11:10 – For he was looking for a city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.